With so much Zune information being released, we decided to instead of posting a new post everytime, post ONE post that contains lots of up-to-date Zune infos!
To begin, the Zune pricing and release date. Zune will be:
- $249.99 Per Unit – No different to the iPod
- $0.99 Per Song or 79 Microsoft Points – Same as iTunes, as in USD of course
- $14.99 Per Month – Zune Pass to your Zune Marketplace
In one of our previous posts, we mentioned how Microsoft will not be underpricing their products. It seems like this is too true. With the first generation of Microsoft Zune, they are already going head-to-head with Apple and the iPod. The pricing should definately give us some insight on how much hype Microsoft have been able to create along with how good the pricing:quality ratio will be between the two biggest competitors.
For the release date, it has been finalized as November 14th, so that gives us about 6 more weeks until the first launch.
Now for the pre-loaded content in the Zune.
- Band of Horses – Wicked Gil
- Bitter:Sweet – The Mating Game
- CSS – Alala
- Darkel – At The End of The Sky
- Every Move a Picture – Signs of Life
- Small Sins – Stay
- The Adored – Tell Me Tell Me
- The Rakes – Open Book
- The Thermals – A Pillar of Salt
- 30 Seconds to Mars – The Kill
- BT – 1.618
- Chad van Gaalen – Red Hot Drops
- Coldcut ft. Roots Manuva – True Skool
- CSS – Let’s Make Love and Listen to Death From Above
- Fruit Bats – Live: The Wind That Blew My Heart Away
- Grandaddy – Elevate Myself
- Hot Schip – Over and Over
- Kraak & Smaak ft. Dez. – Keep Me Home
- Kinski – Live: The Snowy Parts of Scandinavia
- Paul Oakenfold ft. Brittany Murphy – Faster Kill Pussycat
- Serena-Maneesh – Drain Cosmetics
- 5 Boro: “A New York Skateboarding Minute”
- Radical Films: “Kranked – Progression”
- TGRTV The North Face
- Various images to personalize your Microsoft Zune. Wired Zune will be launching Zune Styles to help you “accomplish” this mission! 🙂
I guess that’s a wrap up of the main “Zune” stuff. Soon, we’ll also wrap up all the accessory news that’s been going around recently.