Hard Drive Zunes
- The Zune 80 has 80GB of storage
- Uses the new Zune Pad-four way touch-sensitive d-pad (up, down, left, and right buttons).
- Price will be $249 with “premium” headphones
- Available only in black for now
- Screen size is 3.2-inches with resolution QVGA
- Dimensions are 61.1 x 108.2 x 12.9mm (2.4 x 4.25 x 0.5-inches) 1/3 smaller than the classic Zune.
- The Classic Zune will now be known as the Zune 30.
New Flash Zunes
- Zune 8 and Zune 4 are the names for the 8GB and 4GB flash models.
- Uses the Zune Pad
- Zune 8 will sell for $199 and Zune 4 will sell for $149
- Both will be available in pink, green, black,and red.
- Feature a 1.8-inch screen
- Dimensions are 41.4 x 91.5 x 8.5mm (1.6 x 3.6 x 0.33-inches)
- New Zunes available mid November
- All Zunes will have a new redesigned interface and software features including the Classic Zune or Zune 30.
- Additional native video codecs for h.264 and MPEG-4 so users will no longer need to transcode those file types to WMV.
- Wi-Fi sync to host computer
- Podcast Support via Wi-Fi
- The 3×3 song sharing DRM has had its three day restriction removed, but users can only play files three times.
- There is still no wireless music store.
- The Zune software is all new and rewritten.
- The Zun music store is going DRM-free, with over 1 million MP3 tracks being made available for download.
New Zune Accessories
- Zune Home AV Pack ($99.99)-“Home Dock with three faceplates to accommodate each Zune device, wireless remote, AC adaptor and composite AV output cable.”
- Zune Dock Pack ($49.99)- “Home Dock with three faceplates to accommodate each Zune device and AC adaptor.
- Zune Car Pack ($79.99)-“Redesigned FM transmitter/charger and dashboard grip pad.
- Zune Cable Pack ($39.99)-“Sync cable, composite AV output cable and audio cable.”
- Zune Premium Headphones ($39.99)
- Zune Leather Case ($49.99)
- Zune Sync Cable ($19.99)
- Zune AC Adapter ($29.99)